Just thought some bloggers might be interested in how to embed an official Flickr slideshow into a post. I discovered it here and here and although neither post gets it quite right the commenters have ironed out most of the problems. The basic format is:
<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=YOUR_ID" frameBorder="0" width="500" scrolling="no" height="500"></iframe>
The unique flickr ID is in the form of 12345678@N00, which you can find out from idgettr (or, if you haven’t set up a nickname on flickr yet, it comes after “http://flickr.com/photos/” when you look at your own images).
The flickr link takes various arguments:
- contacts – Photos from particular contacts? Not sure what this does.
- text – Unknown.
- tags – Display only a certain tag. Doesn’t seem possible to use multiple tags?
- tag_mode – Unknown
- favorites – Presumably it displays a particular user’s favourites, but I can’t get it to work.
- group_id – Displays photos from a group – the group id can again be found from idgettr. Use without a user_id.
- frifam – Include friends and family-only photos? This is clever, and will only display them to visitors who are checked as friends/family via their flickr cookie.
- nsid – Seems to duplicate user_id?
- single – Unknown.
- firstIndex – Unknown.
- set_id – ID of the set, found after http://www.flickr.com/photos/username/sets/. Use with or without a user_id.
- firstId – Unknown.
I imagine their uses can be found in the flickr api documentation, but I don’t have a key. Other sites suggest that “photoset_id” is an option, but I can’t get that to work at all. It doesn’t seem able to filter sets by tag, either.
<iframe src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=1234567@N00&set_id=9873987987&frifam=yes" frameBorder="0" width="500" scrolling="no" height="500"></iframe>
would display a user’s particular set, including friends and family images for logged-in friends/family. While the iframe is resizeable, the flash slideshow is fixed at 500 x 500. I can’t find a way to prevent it playing automatically, either. Mop fair pics example after the break…