Bit late on this one. Lisa asks for eight Desert Island Discs. I always get nervous when discussing music since my tastes are far more mainstream than most…I’ve mainly gone for older songs that I still like, since more modern music may not stand the test of time.
- Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
I only listen to this rarely, and I don’t know a more moving song.
- Céline Dion – To love you more
Her voice at its best, imho.
- Elton John – Candle in the wind
Always a favourite.
- Hewey Lewis and the News – Power of love
Perfect rock and roll.
- Meat Loaf – For crying out loud
Great lyrics. This just made the list in place of Bat Out of Hell.
- Katie Melua – Closest thing to crazy
Beautiful little song, wonderfully sung.
- Roxette – It must have been love
Dad always liked this one too – I guess I picked it up from him.
- Hans Zimmer – Barbarian Horde
The soaring theme to the Gladiator soundtrack.
I like ballads 🙂