Cast your minds back a few years, back to when I ran a group picture gallery from ballisticduck.co.uk. Remember? It’s back.
The wongaGallery is the latest addition to the World Wide Wonga, and I’ve just now put the finishing touches to it. Features:
- Public and private albums
- Integrated login with the wongaForum. You only need to create a user in the one.
- You can upload your own images and have them private / public / group members only.
- Categories and albums
- Supports sound and video as well as photos
- Automatic resizing and thumbnail creation
- Add a title, description and keywords to each picture
- Comment and rate other people’s photos
- Send an e-card from any picture
- Supports EXIF data, so any digital camera users can have the f-stop, shutter speed data etc. extracted automatically
- Upload many pictures at once
I’ve added a *lot* of pictures already. Let me know if there are any you want removed or anything like that. At the moment anybody can view the Group images, although I may change that once every group member has a wongaForum account.
The initial setup confused me slightly. To start adding your own pictures, login to the gallery and look for the small grey bar with album creation options – if it’s not there click ‘Admin mode’ in the top menu. Use this to create a personal album, then go to ‘Upload file’ and you’re away.